What will students learn?
Students who attend Hobnob’s DISC Bootcamp will learn the following:
- Students will learn what their personal DISC scores are, as well as how their behavioral and communication styles present themselves. This helps students understand how others see them and interpret their actions.
- Students will learn how to more effectively communicate with others and how others can more effectively communicate with them. This helps students avoid conflict and interact smoothly with conflicting styles.
- Students will learn how they make their decisions, which helps them avoid blindspots they might have missed otherwise. This also helps students identify the environments where they will excel.
Students who attend Hobnob’s Introspection Bootcamp will learn the following:
Session 1: Orientation
- Students will learn the rules and expectations of Hobnob’s Introspection curriculum.
- Students will learn the purpose of their school’s career center.
- Students will be introduced to various career exploration resources.
- Students will learn that there is more than one career path that can suit them and that they’ll likely have more than one career.
Session 2: Passions
- Students will be able to define a passion.
- Students will identify their top 5 passions and analyze them to find common themes and relationships between them.
- Students will begin to identify majors that incorporate some of these top passions and passion themes.
Session 3: Talents
- Students will be able to define a talent.
- Students will compare and contract talent and skill.
- Students will evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of any talent.
- Students will identify their top 5 talents.
- Students will understand how to evaluate career options by considering their talents.
Session 4: Values
- Students will be able to define a value.
- Students will identify their top 5 values and their origins.
- Students will understand how to evaluate their career options by considering their values.
Session 5: Wrap-Up
- Students will create a personalized career action plan.
- Students will identify careers that incorporate their top passions, talents, and values.